Save Energy. Stay Comfortably Cool
Report Spring #1
Schedule a free Energy Survey today.
Save Energy. Stay Comfortably Cool.
With warmer weather in the air, homeowners all over are getting ready to shell out energy dollars to stay cool. How can you keep a rein on the energy dollars that seemingly flow from your air conditioning system straight to your utility provider? These tried-and-true techniques from the U.S Department of Energy will help:
- Operate your thermostat efficiently. Set the thermostat as high as you comfortably can. Also, keep your home warmer than normal when you are away. You can install and set a programmable thermostat to make these adjustments for you.
- When you first turn on your air conditioner, setting your thermostat at a colder than normal setting won’t make it cool faster. Instead, it could cause extra work for your system, resulting in extra energy costs for you.
- Avoid placing heat producers – like lamps or TVs – near your air conditioning thermostat. When the thermostat senses heat from these appliances, the air conditioner runs longer than necessary.
- If you use a ceiling fan, you can typically raise the thermostat setting about 4°F while staying at the same level of comfort. But turn off the ceiling fan when you’re not in the room. Fans cool people by creating a wind-chill effect. It’s a waste of energy when people aren’t in the room.
- If you want to keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, keep it professionally maintained. Schedule a spring tune-up for your system.
- During a shower or bath, use the bathroom fan to remove the heat and humidity.
- Vacuum registers regularly to remove any dust buildup. Don’t allow furniture and other objects to block the airflow through your registers.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes. And consider air drying, rather than relying on heat-producing appliances.
- Take short showers instead of long baths.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120°F).
Want to find out where you could save more energy dollars in your home? Schedule a free Energy Survey today.
Check Out Our
Specials & Coupons
Look At Our
or Get an Estimate
"One of the best things that I have ever done was to have a geothermal system installed by Huntington Heating."
Doyle Hoover, Wabash Indiana